Sunday 28 August 2011

MEXICAN LOBBY CARD

This Mexican lobby card featuring a still from Three Little Pigs (1933) was recently offered on ebay, but I missed it. It promotes Festival de los 11 premios de Walt Disney, a compilation of Disney cartoon shorts. Originally released in the US in 1937 as Academy Award Review Of Walt Disney Cartoons and featuring five cartoons including Three Little Pigs, it was re-relased in 1966 with the inclusion of further cartoons. This Mexican lobby card obviously dates from the re-release era. Note that the illustrations on the frames include Li'l Wolf who was actually never featured in any animated cartoon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking through your site at all the BBW stuff. It is cool to see collectors out their posting there stuff. I am a Disney fan too. Just wanted to let you know that I posted a link on my website disneylddb.wordpress.com to your site. I hope that maybe we can link exchange. I like to help other collectors out.

Kaya Özkaracalar said...

Sory for the late reply. Thnx for the kind words. I added a link to your site.